Da Captain's Log

Once hidden out of sight, a captain's life comes to light; Transversing the times between morning dews, his moments of voyage shall i reveal; Bound on a quest shrouded by gales, feed the sails he will, and catch the star where his dreams prevail...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

1 second.... 1 SECOND!!!!

1 second to my first saman!!!

I had another close shave today… this time with the law... GEEZ!!

As a well-known-but-people-don’t- really-care-law, bikers in Australia are required to wear a helmet at all times when they are biking. Besides that, we are required to have headlights and tail lights on after dark. Disobedience will cost up to AUD 150 for helmet and AUD 70 for lights (Ouch!!). As one of those care free bikers that live close to uni and have the its-cool-to-be-Malaysian (which means we don’t give the law a damn :P) attitude, behold my legacy of a lawbreaker, The Episode of the Near Saman!

Wearing a helmet is always mendoukusei, firstly you look like Doremon when you wear it and secondly it further messes up your hair when you need to look tidy instead of looking like you just got out of bed, and besides since my house is just like 30 seconds bike away from uni grounds, we figured that we don’t really need the helmet whenever we go uni, so for as long as I had the bike, I never wore my helmet…

Now, suayness lurks in every corner of our society…

Today I biked to the library to catch up on some last minute work. After cramming stuff for some time, my mind reaches its cut off voltage, automatically signaling me to pack up and head home. It was dark when I got on my bike (man winter really sucks…. Gets as dark as 9 when its 6), really like riding around this time, the cold air is somewhat refreshing and the late dusk atmosphere is somewhat inspiring, packed with the nice feeling of heading home.

So there was I, happily cycling while thinking about what to cook till I got to a set of cross-roads, which is the last main road I have to cross before reaching home. Crossing the road is usual procedure, I rode to the middle (there is a divider dividing the to and fro traffic) stop and was about to continue biking across when I spotted it. Less than 15 Meters away, a suspicious looking car lurked within the shadows of a bus stop… Is it a taxi? Don’t think so man… taxis don’t have weird looking light set on top… COULD IT BE??? Without thinking twice, my intuition made me jump off my bike and innocently push it across the road (whistling, one hand holding bike other in pocket pose). Man seriously my intuition saved my pocket, if I were to dismount 1 second later the police will have time to turn on his sirens and I am doomed. The patrol car actually followed me as I pushed my bike all the way home!!

Hualaaa… really pressure mien!! Luckily my house is not that far away abo he sure come down of his car and give me warning since he spotted me on the act but just late one step in catching me.

Oh my Buddha… really amithabah …. PheeeeeeewwwwHH!!! *T_T”

Lesson of the day?

Maybe next time I will consider looking like doremon before getting on my bike.
But more IMPORTANTLY.... Time, is seriously Money :P

11 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Tan Sri said…

    Wah, police escort for PM Lee

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger m@tt'ĥëW said…

    why no saman, why noooo saaman?? yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? :P u lucky biatch!!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger raptor_ravenlord said…

    to repeat matt: y no saman!? aus police r damn inefficient leh! n miss out on kopi looi juz like dat...

    hehe kiddin..

    next time, dun b so cibai lah. dangerous...

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Wei Zhi said…

    hahaha

    theam> when they are officially escorting me i will blog bout it... this encounter is more like police escorting Anwar instead of DrM :P

    Matt> no comment... hope that doesnt eat the luck away during my exams :P

    tst> blek.. haha its not that i am playing wif fire.. its juz that u wun think of wearing helmet juz to bike from gurney plaza to gurney drive :P

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger GLO said…

    woi cibai dan...keng ler u...no lar it's not like police escorting anwar...it's like police wu da tailing ah gu...lolz

    real lucky here...follow the rules lar!!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Wei Zhi said…

    sigh.. y is my name associated with such a weird adjective... .chin gy neh -_-"

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger june_o said…

    Gosh...close shave!! They are pretty strict about it here in Adelaide too .....but I don't own a bike ....happily walking with bus '11'....my legs :P Though it gets too cold in winter ...sheesh

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger CW TAN said…

    thank god i dun own a bike. I take my bus... :p

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger raptor_ravenlord said…

    i hv a bike! but its a bicycle so i'm ok :P

    tho helmet or not, biking messes up the hair anyway

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Wei Zhi said…

    haha

    well there r two different ways ur hair will get messed up through biking.

    i) the yeng way where your hair gets aerodynamically shaped by the passing wind.

    ii) free nerdy look by hving a tempurung styled hair after wearing a helmet.

    your choice XD

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Tan Sri said…

    hmmmmm..... altho i rarely use it nowadays.... hair gel can keep ur hair straight in the face of even a hurricane :P
    tat is if ur head doesnt fly off first

     

Post a Comment

<< Home